Thursday, October 03, 2013

Summer's pace

Summer's pace has robbed me of evenings like this where sitting with a lager while watching wildlife oblivious to the cabin porch becomes a most peaceful way of passing time. Today I watched a beautiful red fox, a young doe and a crafty wild black and white cat visit the view below before the sun set behind the western ridge. I'm more than ready to slow down and enjoy fall's beauty. The cabin reminds me that most of what we must deal with on a daily basis distracts us from truly seeing God's creations.

Such a pleasure to hear the acorns falling and rolling down the metal roof above before being launched into the leaves for squirrels to find.

Fall is my favorite season and southern Ohio provides an opportunity to enjoy it's full beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment